In the unexpected event of a recall, we have listed below are the procedures to assist with the process of resolving the issue reported.
For recall procedures, please contact:
Food Safety: 800.862.3909
1. Issue Reported – Regulatory/Internal/Customer
- a. Gather Details From Reporting Party
- i. Product, Pack Date, Grower, Ranch, Lot, Etc.
- b. Determine Severity of Complaint
2. Church Brothers/True Leaf Assembles Recall Team
3. Establish Class of Recall
- a. Class I : Reasonable Probability that use of product will cause serious adverse health consequences or death
- b. Class II: Remote Probability that use of product will cause adverse health consequences
- c. Class III: Use of product will not cause adverse health consequences
4. Church Brothers / True Leaf contacts FDA to Report Recall
5. CB/ True Leaf Traces Product Information
- a. Identity of Product
- b. Reason for product removal/ withdrawal
- c. Evaluation of risk associated with product
- d. Total amount of involved product and length of production
- e. Total amount of involved product estimated to be in distribution channels
- f. Distribution Information – Number and Identity
- g. Proposed Strategy for Conducting Recall
6. Inform Involved Customers of Recall Situation
- a. Inform Customers of product, size, lot #, manufacturers code, label, order #, and/or any other information needed to identify product
- b. Specifically instruct customers what to do with recalled product
- c. Instruct all customers to notify all those who have been distributed recalled product
7. Recall Effectiveness Check – Verify that all customers have received notification about the recall and are taking appropriate action.
8. Recall Termination – Recall is ended when the FDA determines all efforts have been made to remove or correct the recalled product.